Give yourself or someone you love the gift of blessed sleep. There is no greater comfort than sleep.
This 8-week online course is will teach you how to use meditation to sleep better and fully awaken, so that your rest is more fulfilling and you have more energy during your days.
This course is for you if:
- you struggle to fall asleep
- you awaken during the night and cannot fall back asleep
- you feel sluggish instead of rested when you wake up
- you'd like to better understand your dreams and connect them to your emotional and spiritual development
- you'd simply like to have better, deeper, more restful sleep.
Heartful Sleep is taught by Puran Bair, co-founder of IAM Heart, and Kate Lampe, graduate of IAM University of the Heart. They will present the best methods gleaned from years of study and practice, from ancient Nidra Yoga to modern Heart Rhythm Meditation, using the insights gained from the science of sleep as well as the mystical experience of unity.
Each week there are new readings and assignments to be practiced. The participants write about their experiences and questions, and are answered by Kate. Each Saturday morning there is a one-hour video conference led by Puran.
No experience in meditation is required.
This course will take you through 8 weeks of profound study on the nature of rhythm, dreaming, awakening, and the conscious and unconscious mind. Each week your messages will receive a personal response full of inspirational comments and suggestions.
What You'll Learn in this Course
Week 1: Rhythms
- Use our simple online form to keep a record of your sleep; when you went to sleep, when you woke up, the depth and satisfaction of your sleep, and how you felt upon awakening
- Learn the importance of solar time instead of clock time and the three hour period most important for sleep.
- The effect of electromagnetic fields and the easy way to neutralize them.
- The one essential principle for establishing a regular sleep pattern.
- Basic Heart Rhythm Meditation practices to calm your nervous system and mental state.
Week 2: Currents of Energy
- Creating your customized checklist to set up the optimal physical conditions for sleep
- The four different sleeping postures and their effect on your energetic state; when to use each one.
- Control the hemisphere balance in your brain and heart through a simple breathing practice.
- Meditate with the torus of energy that flows through you, even as you sleep.
Week 3: Reducing Tension
- Learn the dangers of hypertonia.
- A simple method of measuring the residual tension in your large muscles.
- Use the most effective and simple practice for reducing residual muscle tension.
- Use Heart Rhythm Meditation for profound relaxation
Week 4: Invoking Sleep
- Feeling the emotional, energetic, and spiritual comfort of sleep
- Coherent Heart Rate Variability for relief from past anxiety and future fears
- Practice: Using a certain breath rhythm that creates sleep
- Practice: how to allow your body to sink down and feel heavy
- Continuing Heart Rhythm Meditation
Week 5: Emotional Surrender to Sleep
- Release the fear that causes you to unconsciously resist sleep
- Dissolve the performance anxiety that keeps you from ending your work day on time.
- Clearing your mind and heart
- Learn a simple mantra that prepares you psychologically and emotionally for sleep.
Week 6: Honoring and Enjoying Your Dreams
- The purpose and value of dreams, and how to increase the occurrence of dreams
- Developing the practice of keeping a dream journal
- The five different types of dreams
- The meaning of dreams at different times of the night
- Practice: Recording and sharing your dreams
- Practice: Heart Rhythm Meditation in the middle of the night
- "Lucid Dreaming" with Heart Rhythm Meditation
Week 7: Doing creative work
- Finding the inspiration and purpose that wakes you
- Using the night-time for the conception of ideas
- How to allow spirit to fill your heart during the reflective time of the night, allowing you to think of better, more creative ideas and solutions
Week 8: Evaluation
- Analyzing your online record and your dream journal
- Reviewing which practices worked best for you
I want to thank you for this wonderful sleep course. I was struggling with sleep, waking up at 1 or 2 am and not being able to go back to sleep. It was wearing me down and affecting my health. Being familiar with Heart Rhythm Meditation when I saw you were offering the course I jumped at the chance. I am so grateful I did. The course was so much more than about sleep. Besides now getting a good nights sleep I feel I have grown spiritually. The course materials were excellent and I can not say enough about the meditations and practices that we learned during that time. I am now sleeping peacefully and actually looking forward to the night and connecting with my higher self and my heart. I now look at the night as a time of learning rather than dreading not being able to sleep. Opening to the night has opened my eyes to a whole part of life I had been missing. Thank you very much.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! --Steven Paulk